Today was a very full day of organised co-writing with friends from a local songwriting organisation. We always turn these occasions into co-eating as well, and though other members aren’t vegan they do make an effort to bring some vegan dishes and keep these separate from the other ones. So, in no particular order, here is a listing of what I nommed on to keep my grey matter going before, during, and after a song-writing lesson and two co-writing sessions:
- Banana and tropical fruit smoothie (I used up the last of my frozen bananas… I’ve been keeping them in the freezer during the banana shortage just so I could know I still had bananas available. Now I am sad because the smoothie was delicious and it’s going to be a while before bananas are truly affordable again.)
- BBQ ‘not pork’ buns – a yum cha favourite
- Shanghai wortips – another yum cha delight
- Spring rolls (baked in the oven rather than deep fried – still so tasty and so much healthier!)
- Fresh and so-very-moreish home-made rosemary spelt bread (courtesy of my talented brother)
- Tofutti better-than-cream-cheese, spread on said bread
- A delectable garden salad
- A super-tasty bean and anti-pasto salad
- Just to keep some of the healthy options going before the final two admissions… carrot sticks and hommous
- Vegan and gluten-free ‘jammy wheels’ (round biscuits sandwiched together with jam… I managed to stop at three!)
- Vegan and gluten-free ‘custard creams’ (no restraint here… I stopped at three… quarters of the pack!)
There would have been even more gluttony if I’d remembered to take along the three large Funky Macadamia Brownies that were stashed in the fridge. Oops! My brother gave me a lift to and from the event so I offered him two to take home, thinking I’d still be able to indulge in the third one… however TGO had beaten me to it! I guess in the long run that’s the better option for my health, if not for my tastebuds.
Sincere apologies for the lack of photos of all these noms… I can provide links to some of the yum cha dishes that are sold by Green Gourmet in Newtown, and the plain Funky Fudge Brownies available from the Cruelty Free Shop. Apart from that you’re just going to have to use your imagination! And in future I’m going to have to remember my camera!
Plus… when the fun song Julian and I finished writing today is available to listen to I’ll come back and post a link here too.
who is MC Pony?
- A Kinder Shade of Green October 3, 2019
- DDV music video and credits October 19, 2018
- Double Decade Vegan June 30, 2018
- Flicks4Change Film Festival March 5, 2018
- Vegan Festival Season is Here! September 28, 2017
© 2023 Veganthused
Website by DesignVoodoo.com