I heard that the Vegan Month of Food was on again this year via Savannah’s In Her Grace blogpost, and figured signing up would be a great way to really kickstart my commitment to blogging here at Veganthused.
I don’t have a theme for the month, but am sub-titling my VeganMOFO efforts “NOT Eating Animals” after seeing Jonathan Safran Foer speak today at the Sydney Opera House as part of the Festival of Dangerous Ideas. He was an incredibly entertaining public speaker – particularly given the subject matter – and gave very considered responses during the Q&A segment, but I didn’t agree fully with his take on things. I’m looking forward to reading his book and having a fuller understanding of his position, even though I already suspect I will continue to have differences of opinion and approach.
Part of what I do intend for the month ahead is to explore three new cookbooks given to me recently for my birthday (lucky me!). They are:
- The Vegan Table: 200 unforgettable recipes for entertaining every guest at every occasion, by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
- The Natural Vegan Kitchen: recipes from the Natural Vegan Cooking School, by Christine Waltermyer
- Sweet Vegan: 70 Delicious Dairy-Free Desserts, by Emily Mainquist
What a great trio of books! They cover several different but complementary areas – entertaining, healthy living, and a sweet tooth – and I’ve already spent a fair amount of time drooling over the pics in all three. So I’m definitely looking forward to NOT eating animals for the month ahead – and, of course, beyond!
who is MC Pony?
- A Kinder Shade of Green October 3, 2019
- DDV music video and credits October 19, 2018
- Double Decade Vegan June 30, 2018
- Flicks4Change Film Festival March 5, 2018
- Vegan Festival Season is Here! September 28, 2017
© 2023 Veganthused
Website by DesignVoodoo.com